Warehouse Supervisor – 2 Openings
The warehouse Supervisor is responsible for first-line management and overall performance of his/her department. This position is responsible for preparing and planning strategies to meet the department’s daily, weekly, and monthly goals. Responsibilities also include coaching and managing associates to high performance standards and recognizing individual and team success. Works in concert with the senior management team in the pursuit of operational excellence and the facility’s all around success.
Achieve performance goals and objectives in the areas of productivity, accuracy, and expense control, as depicted by the budget. Make appropriate improvements to department processes and procedures.
Work with facility managers in the hiring of skilled associates. Develop individual associate’s skills, standards and morale through training and coaching. A suitable candidate will direct, support and delegate tasks as appropriate to an individual associate’s skill level. Give consistent and thorough feedback to associates, conduct timely performance appraisals, and deliver disciplinary action if necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience preferred
- Computation/mathematical ability and reading comprehension of technical/financial materials
- Eagerness and ability to learn – absorb new information quickly
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience and working knowledge of warehouse systems and processes
- Positive Associate Relations Skills: Ability to direct, coach, support, and delegate and maintain morale
- Demonstrate responsibility, maturity, and leadership ability
- Demonstrate analytical thinking and problem solving ability
- Possess a sense of urgency required to work in a deadline driven environment
- Computer training in fulfillment/distribution systems and PC applications also preferred